Learn how your business can participate in the Local Lover Challenge:
3rd Annual Local Lover Challenge Campaign
Think independently. Shop Locally!
Welcome to our Think Local First initiative for Ithaca and the surrounding region. We're planning a wide variety of articles, press coverage, advertising and events to promote and celebrate our Independent & Locally-Owned Businesses.
Last year's holiday campaign was a resounding success, so we're expanding our scope for this year to include restaurants, bars and services.
We plan on making this a fun experience for the whole family, as well as a terrific opportunity to educate the public about the value of supporting their Local, Living Economy.
We invite you to participate and host events in your own businesses that celebrate the unique qualities that make Ithaca our home.
What's in it for your business?
- You'll receive promotion for your business through the press, website and advertising.
- You'll be part of the Local Lover Challenge and our other year-round events.
- Your company will be easily identified as an Independent & Locally-Owned Business.
- You'll also receive a packet of seasonal marketing materials.
- You can post events on the weekly calendar of the Local First Ithaca website. (We encourage you to host events at your business, especially during national Buy Local Week: 11/26-12/5.)
- Your business could be the Grand Prize Winner of a $500 cash prize awarded to the business that does the best job of promoting the Local Lover Game!
What are the goals of a Local First Campaign?
- To re-circulate more money in our community.
- To support, strengthen and incubate Independent & Locally-Owned Businesses.
- To preserve and enhance our unique neighborhoods and community.
How much does it cost?
$100. That's less than $15 per week for the 7 weeks of our Local First Ithaca campaign!
Is there any other way I can help?
Sure, there are lots of things that we need help with and the more energy that goes into our initiative, the greater the impact for everyone. On the registration form, there's a place where you can sign up to volunteer to help out with the campaign.
Additional questions? Contact us.